CONTRACT AWARD - JUNE 15, 2020
HCI has been awarded a Prime contract supporting the Department of Veterans Affairs SDC Material Handling Service Contract single award IDIQ. HCI will provide management and personnel to perform material handling services and warehouse support services at the SDC facility. The services include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Physical receipt of incoming materials in the form of both parcels and freight
- Placement of materials into assigned warehouse locations
- Selection, packing, and shipping of materials to fulfill customer orders
- Loading/unloading of outgoing materials
The two operations contained within the 350,000 sq. ft. SDC warehouse facility are:
- Enterprise Distribution Operations Section (EDOS) is a storage-focused warehouse operation that provides a storage place and distribution for various supplies, such as, but not limited to, flags, forms, x-ray film, and publications. These items are shipped to veterans and various organizations across the United States.
- Healthcare Equipment Distribution Operations Section (HDOS) is a faster pace, Just-in-Time warehouse operation supplying health care commodities, for various programs such as the Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) program.
The contract has a period of performance of one year base period with 4 Option Years located at Hines, Illinois.